Painting directly on a plexiglass plate, using trace drawings, Xerox lithography, chine colle, as well as found and recycled objects, my monotypes explore abstractions in the natural world, cycles of life, passage of time, and renewal. I am particularly interested in the nuances in the ghost images which imitate the layers found in the natural world and in life.
Most recently my interest has turned towards using my monotypes in creating artistsí books. The learning process is constant and expansive. As Louise Bourgeois so succinctly put it, "Art is a guaranty of sanity."
- 2009 Selections from the Permanent Collection: UNE Gallery Portland, ME
- Impressions Prentmaking Exhibit, juried exhibition, NH Institute of Art, Manchester, NH
- Turning Pages, invitational book arts exhitibion, Glickman LIbrary, USM, Portland, ME
- 2008 First Impressions, The Peregrine Press, Saco Museum, Saco, ME
- Book Arts, Glickman Library, University of Southern Maine, Portland, ME
- 3 Printmakers,River Gallery, Ipswich, MA
- Borestone Mountain ArtMaine Audubon, Gilsland Farm, Falmouth, ME
- WANT, Dana Warp Mill Gallery, Westbrook, ME
- 2007 Collected Pages,Downtown Gallery, Washington, ME
- Printmaking:Explorations in Monotypes and Artist's Books,
Merrill Library, Yarmouth, ME
- Artists Books, MECA Library, Portland, Me.
- Printmakers in Maine, Merrill Library, Yarmouth, ME
- 2006 Montserrat Art Auction, Montserrat College of Art, Beverly
Juror commendation; Jurors: Jeremy McDonnell of Barara Krakow Gallery;
Meredyth Hyatt Moses, former owner and director of Clark Gallery, Lincoln, MA:
and Meg White from the Gallery Naga
- 2004 New Work, River Gallery, Ipswich, Ma.
- 2003 New Work, Maison Robert Cafe, Boston, Ma.
- 2002 New Work, Sissy Buck and Helen Tory, River Gallery, Ipswich, MA
- 2000 Invitational Art Show, Wenham Museum, Wenham, Ma.
- Six printmakers, River Gallery, Ipswich, Ma.
- 1999 Drawing and Printmaking, Cambridge Art Association, Cambridge, Ma.
- 1998 Fifth Annual Juried Show, Essex Art Center, Lawrence, Ma. Juror’s Choice Award
- Artists Books, Cambridge Art Association, Cambridge, Ma.
- First Annual Regional Show, Newburyport Art Association, Newburyport, Ma.
- 1997 Faculty Choice, Montserrat College of Art Gallery, Beverly, Ma.
- 1990 Prints and Drawings by Helen Tory and Sissy Buck, The Pingree School Gallery,
South Hamilton, Ma.
- 1983, 1984 Regional Exhibit, The Fitchburg Art Museum, Fitchburg, Ma.
- 1983 Prints and Drawings, Student Show, Museum School, Boston, Ma.
- 1982 Annual Juried Print Show, Artists Cooperative Gallery, San Francisco, Ca.,
- 2001-2005 Director of River Gallery, Ipswich, Ma.
- 2002 Visiting artist, Pingree School, South Hamilton, Ma
- 1979 Wheaton College, Norton, Ma. B.A. Art History, minor in studio art
- Continuing Education in printmaking and artists books at: Maine College of Art,
University of Southern Maine, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Ma.,
Montserrat College of Art, Beverly, Ma., The DeCordova Museum, Lincoln, Ma., and
Palo Alto Art Club, Palo Alto, Ca.