A painter and printmaker for more than twenty years, I began developing my printmaking skills at the Mason Gross School of Innovative Printmaking at Rutgers University and have been honing them ever since. More recently at a Fall ‘03 workshop, I learned the ancient techniques of encaustic and have begun to combine them with printmaking in my own studio on Peaks Island and at the Peregrine Press in Portland. Merging the discipline of printmaking with that of encaustic enables me to explore another layer of texture and surface.
The power of my work is ultimately kinetic. I seek to capture the intensity of the human form as it moves through time and space, to create snapshots of strength and movement, a body in motion caught in an instant, but still radiating energy. Whether working with the human form or the power of nature in landscape I try to capture the graceful physicality of the dance with the muscularity of urgent effort or the suspended energy of yogic tension.
- 2004 Small Works by The Artists at The Clown Gallery, Portland
- 2004 Summer Landscapes Invitational at The Clown Gallery, Portland
- 2004 Sea and Sky at The Gem Gallery, Peaks Is. Me.
- 2004 Peregrine Press Print Show at Aucocisco Gallery, Portland
- 2004 Gallery at the Clown – Portland.
- 2003 Take a Peak Gallery, Peaks Island, Me.
- 2003 Aucocisco @ The Eastland Gallery, Portland,Me.
- 2002 The Clown Gallery, Portland, Maine.
- 2001 An Island in Maine. The Thayer Academy, Braintree, Mass.
- 1999 8th Annual National Juried Exhibit, A.C.N.J. Juror: SusanCross.
- 1998 An Island in Maine. The Piermont Fine Arts Gallery, Piermont, N.Y.
- 1998 National Association of Women Artists Traveling Print Exhibition
Interfaith Gallery, Riverside Church, New York , N.Y.
- 2003 Portland Arts in Education Grant, “Connecting Peaks Kids to Their Environment”.
- 1999 Individual Artist’s Grant Award. Ridgewood Arts Council, Ridgewood.N.J.
- 1997 Merit Award. National Juried Show at Northern New Jersey Center for the Arts,
New Milford, N.J., Juror William Zimmer, Art Critic for the New York Times.
- Monoprint of “Metamorphosis” chosen for Edition Series of Ridgewood Arts Council Poster
for Seventh Annual Arts Festival
- 1995 Honorable Mention – Black & White Show, Watchung Center for the Arts.
Juror, Stephen Sennot (Gallery Without Walls Newark)
- Mason Gross Center for Innovative Printmaking, Rutgers University, N.J.
- Printmaking Workshop – Museum of Fine Art, Newark, N.J.
- Old Church Cultural Center for the Arts. Demarest, N.J.]